Did You Know?
LPG is odourless, colourless and is given its distinctive smell by adding a special agent in concentration to detect leakage as a safety measure.
It burns efficiently with low combustion emission and does not create black smoke or particulates which is harmful to health. LPG has 2.4 times higher calorific value than natural gas and is not toxic at all. When it comes to portability, LPG is more portable compared to Towngas or natural gas which requires extensive pipework to the point of use.
- DO ensure you work with an established LPG provider like UGS, who has a proven track record on fire safety and compliances
- Working without the proper licensing will lead to dire consequences (e.g. insurance not claimable in case of fire, jail time and business shut down, etc)
Fire Safety Tips
- DO NOT leave cooking unattended. Flame could be extinguished whilst still producing gas. When that happens, gas accumulates and combusts when you try to ignite it again.
- DO light your stove immediately after the cooker knob is turned on. Although LPG gas is not toxic, it can lead to dire consequences that include fire combustion or suffocation if in an enclosed area.
- DO NOT place combustible or flammable items near your stove. This includes your cooking oil, foam plates, newspaper, flame ignitor, etc.
- DO shut off gas supply valve instead of burner switch at the end of the day to ensure gas supply is fully cut off from source to hose. This prevents any potential gas leaks.
- DO watch out for electrical sources that may ignite a fire. This includes live wires and overloaded power points.
- DO use a fire extinguisher to put out a fire, and NEVER use water. Using water could aggravate the fire, especially if the source is oil-based.
Energy Saving Tips
- Save energy by focusing on highest heat value. A flame’s highest heat value is located at its tip. Therefore, ensure that the tip of the flame is touching the bottom of your pot for maximum heat.
- Save energy during off-peak periods. Lower your flame to save on fuel and start boiling your soups/broth 5 to 10 minutes before peak period starts.
- Always cover your pot when boiling broth/water to ensure heat is trapped and less gas is used to maintain the soup’s temperature.
- Save energy by shortening boiling period. When topping-up, use a smaller pot to boil broth/water then add it to your large pot. Water will boil faster within a shorter time and less fuel is used in the process.
- Do not expose the stove’s flame to strong winds which will blow flames sideways, reducing actual heat value that is in contact with the pot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose UGS?
Reliable. Having an established foothold in the commercial sector, we understand the need for smooth, undisrupted operations to avoid any unforeseen loss of revenue or additional costs. With our advanced technologies and experienced personnel, we will do our best to ensure an uninterrupted supply of gas for your businesses.
Integrity. UGS believes strongly in honesty and looks to build long-term relationships with you. Our apparatus and gas equipment are designed with the highest precision to give accurate gas meter readings. As this forms the basis for our pricing, you can be assured that you will be charged fairly.
Service. We understand the importance of ensured convenience for our clients and thus guarantee emergency maintenance service within 24 hours of any service request. We will work to the best of our ability to minimise turnaround time to avoid any disruptions to your operations.
Expertise. Our experienced team leaders are here to assist you with any LPG supply or appliance problems all day.
Why does the price of LPG fluctuate?
Being a commodity, the price of LPG is dependent on world demand and supply conditions. This price will be published by petroleum companies in official writings. With this transparency in place, you can be assured of fair prices.
Is there an additional charge for the following services?
Turning on or termination of gas supply. We at UGS are well aware of the hectic nature of a business operator and are always available to respond to such requests. We will provide these services at no extra costs.
Usage and maintenance of stoves/burners. To facilitate your business, we provide our customers selected models of stoves and burners for free. As a sweetener, we will not charge for any maintenance and support services of these supplied gas appliances.
Extension or alteration of gas pipes. To better cater to your needs, we can fix your gas pipes according to the recommended specifications as an added service at no extra cost.
What to do in the event of a gas leak or suspected gas leak?
If you are a client of UGS and think that you have a gas leak, or if your LPG appliance is not working properly, please contact our 24-hour hotline at 6382 6663. Please click here for more gas safety tips.
How does UGS's billing system work?
At UGS, we invest in our technologies to improve efficiency in our processes. We take pride in our auto-computing system which constantly updates the prevailing price of gas in our inspectors’ handheld devices. Together with our accurate gas meters, this measure further reduces the possibility of human error in bill calculations.
How do I obtain a quotation?
We pride ourselves in providing value-for-money energy solutions that can be tailored to meet your individual requirements. Our team of experienced staff continually strives to improve our services and customise packages to fit and meet your energy needs, while ensuring safety.